The environmental management system operating at Borneftegaz Refinery is one of the elements of the corporate management system; it sets out
the uniform environmental management procedure in compliance with the effective laws and regulations and relevant practice.
The environmental management system operating at Borneftegaz Refinery complies with ISO 14001, GOST (State Standard) R ISO 14001, international and Russian
environmental laws and regulations, including industry-specific standards.
The compliance of the environmental management system is guaranteed by:
adaptation of individual elements of the corporate administration management system to the specifics of the environmental management, in particular, by means of
allocation of functions and tasks between the company units and allocation of rights and obligations between the specialists, as set forth in the organisation department
regulations and job descriptions;
bringing of the procedures of introduction, application and updating of the environmental management system to a single structured process aimed at continuous improvement
of the environmental management system performance.
The main task of the company in the field of environmental safety is compliance with the requirements of environmental legislation of the Russian Federation.
The objectives of industrial control at the enterprise are: monitoring of the state of atmospheric air and the level of noise at the border of the sanitary protection zone;
control over emissions of pollutants from sources in production;
control over the quality of wastewater discharged to treatment plants from process plants and other facilities of the enterprise;
control over the efficiency of sewage treatment plants, the quality of wastewater treatment;
control over the quality of sewage discharged into water bodies;
control over the quality of surface water bodies;
control over the quality of circulating and make-up water for units of circulating water supply;
control over the quality of drinking water coming from water supply networks and artesian wells;
control over the state of soils, underground and surface waters in the zone of the complex of storage and disposal of waste.
Industrial and Occupational Safety
The company has developed and introduced the Industrial Safety Management System which sets out the key areas and requirements to the industrial safety management
as well as the objects, tasks, and structure of the company industrial safety management system.
The industrial safety management system is developed and used to prevent and manage accidents at the hazardous production facilities. One of the key elements of the
industrial safety management system at the hazardous production facilities is in-process control implemented through a package of actions aimed at the safe operation of
and prevention of accidents at the hazardous production facilities as well as containment of accidents and consequences thereof.
The major objects of the industrial safety management system are the following:
- Implementation of the company policy in the sphere of industrial safety of the hazardous production facilities;
- Performance of the requirements to industrial safety of the hazardous production facilities of JSC "Tevrizneftgaz" Refinery.
The primary tasks of the industrial safety management system are the following:
- Unified approaches to the performance by the organizational units of the requirements to the industrial safety of the hazardous production facilities;
- Development and implementation of the technical, organizational and economic policy for the purpose of steady improvement of the product reliability and safety
and compliance with the regulatory and environmental requirements;
- Performance of the requirements of the Federal Law “On Industrial Safety of Hazardous Production Facilities” with regard to obtaining of licenses, development of the
declarations of the industrial safety of the hazardous production facilities, industrial safety evaluation management, etc.;
- Supervision of operation and maintenance of the equipment of the hazardous production facilities, control of development and implementation of accident-preventive measures;
- Staffing of the hazardous production facility with the qualified specialists who have no medical contradiction to the work at hazardous production facilities;
- Industrial safety training and certification of the company personnel;
- In-process monitoring of compliance with the industrial safety requirements in the company organizational units;
- Signing a contract of insurance of the hazardous facility owner’s civil liability to cover the harm done by the accident at the hazardous facility.